EDP Awards 2019
unearth best in wide-format technological developments
In recognition of the best developments in print solutions and technologies in Europe over the last 12 months, EDP (European Digital Press Association) presents the coveted and renowned EDP Awards every year. The winners are selected by an expert commission which scrutinise the submitted products according to criteria such as innovation, quality, performance and cost.
Organised on the sidelines of FESPA Global Print Expo in Munich, this year EDP Awards were conferred on 28 winners under five categories that included ‘Wide-Format Printing’. The awards are an open contest for all products without any limitation or provenience.
- Best Color Management Solution: CGS | ORIS X Gamut
- Best E-commerce Solution: CloudLab | brandQ
- Best Management Information System: Dataline | MultiPress Installation App
- Best Special Application Software: Canon | Océ Touchstone
- Best Measurement and Calibration Solution: LacunaSolutions | SmartLightningSystem
- Best Print and Finishing Support Tool: Elitron | Klick
- Best Inspection System: Bobst | Digital Inspection Table DIT
- Best Roll-to-Roll Printer > 320 cm: swissQprint | Karibu
- Best Flatbed/Hybrid Printer < 100 sqm/h: HP | HP Latex R2000 printer
- Best Flatbed/Hybrid Printer < 250 sqm/h: Durst | P5 350
- Best Flatbed/Hybrid Printer > 250 sqm/h: Agfa | Jeti Tauro H3300 LED
- Best Print & Cut Solution: Roland DG | TrueVIS VG2
- Best Multipurpose Printer: Mutoh | ValueJet 1627MH
- Best Textile Printer Roll-to-Roll > 100 sqm/h: Mimaki | Tiger-1800B Mkll
- Best Direct to Garment Printer: Kornit | Avalanche Poly Pro
- Best Cutsheet Color up to B3 > 200.000 A4/month: Xerox | Iridesse Production Press
- Best Cutsheet Color B2 (+): FUJIFILM | Jet Press 750S
- Best Webfed Color up to 550 mm width: RICOH | RICOH Pro VC70000
Industrial Solutions In-Print & Finishing
- Best Print & Finishing Solution: MGI | AlphaJet
- Best Photo Book Solution: HP Indigo | HP Indigo 12000HD
- Best Corrugated Solution: Barberán | Jetmaster Series
- Best Flexible Packaging Solution: Xeikon | Solution for pouches
- Best Textile Production Solution: Zünd | OCC for S3 and NMM
- Best Pre- and Postpress-Treatment Solution: Mimaki | Tiger-1800B Mkll and Rimslow Series
- Best Printhead: Memjet | DuraLink
Finishing & Enhancement
- Best Digital Sheetfed Cutting Solutions: iEcho | iEcho PK
- Best Book-on-Demand Postpress Solution: Tecnau | Roll 40 Splicer
Consumables (Inks and Substrates)
- Best special effect ink/toner: Kodak | Custom Color
Award-Winning Wide-Format Printers
Roland DG TrueVIS VG2 eco-solvent printer/cutter is built on the company’s 35 years of manufacturing expertise, 16 generations of print and cut innovation and feedback from thousands of experienced users across the world. The panel of judges were impressed by the system’s breadth of colour gamut, optimised colour accuracy and colour reproduction capability, plus a host of technological advancements to deliver high-precision print and cut performance.
AGFA’s multi-award-winning Jeti Tauro H3300 truly embodies ‘extreme productivity and extreme quality’. Mimaki Tiger-1800B MkII scooped two awards this year. As part of the Tiger Pro Series, this award-winning Tiger-1800B MkII is a high-volume textile printer for direct printing or paper transfer with a print speed of up to 385sq m/h.
Mutoh ValueJet 1627MH bagged the accolade of ‘Best Wide-format Multipurpose Printer’ for being a hybrid inkjet printer equally suited for sign & display print shops as well as for graphics companies looking for a digital solution for proofing/short-run production. The EDP Technical Committee’s citation said the unique reel loading and material handling features of Durst P5 350 won the award. The committee also cited the superb sheet-to-sheet registration, quality, speed and reliability of FUJIFILM Jet Press 750S as the award winning factors.
Recognised as the smart printing solution for polyester, Kornit Avalanche Poly Pro is a game-changing, industry first DTG printer that prevents dye-migration. On other hand, award-winning HP Latex R 2000 signifies HP’s breakthrough hybrid latex printer for flexible and rigid sign and display printing in just one device. Likewise, already an award winner, Karibu from swissQprint is first roll-to-roll printer which jury praised for its overall concept as well as specific details.