20 New Key Products Unpacked at ISA Expo 2019
Since its inaugural edition in 1947, every edition of ISA International Sign Expo has had record-breaking exhibit sales, attendance and product launches. Organised from April 24-26 this year at Las Vegas, ISA Sign Expo 2019 witnessed launches of 20 new key products.
1. SAi announced the launch of Flexi 19, a more powerful and feature-rich update of its flagship sign-making software, engineered to meet the demanding design to production challenges of sign & display and large-format print providers. Central to the super-charged Flexi 19 is a faster and more high-performance 64-bit RIP engine. Created as an all-in-one solution for design, print, print-and-cut and direct-to-vinyl production workflow, Flexi 19 also comprises a host of invaluable, easy-to-use features and tools – some of which will be available free-of-charge to SAi subscription-based customers.
2. EPSON introduced three new SureColor printers—SureColor(r) S40600 Print Cut Edition, SureColor S60600 Print Cut Edition, and SureColor S80600 Print Cut Edition. SureColor (r) S40600 and SureColor S60600 ONYX(r) GamaPrint bundles will now include ONYX(r) CUT-Server, allowing for a seamless workflow. For customers looking for the ultimate in image quality and workflow, ONYX Thrive will be included in the SureColor S80600 Print Cut Edition.
3. HP reinvented dye sublimation printing with the launch of new HP Stitch S Series. It is HP’s latest innovation designed to accelerate commercial digital print adoption. The HP Stitch S300 printer holds the first user-replaceable printhead, resulting in reduced down-times and service costs. The printer is designed specifically for new-to-dye sublimation professionals, prototyping departments, and growing print providers.
4. ONYX made a major release of new software that promises to take PSPs beyond the limitations of wide-format print. It is built upon industry leading ONYX software version 18.5, a three-time award winner for best colour management as well as RIP and print workflow solutions in 2018. The announcement of a new ONYX software version also coincided with the anniversary of the International Sign Association.
5. Drytac unpacked a must-see new presentation on retail graphics media, demonstrating its position as an authority in the sector. The company announced a new range of products —ViziPrint, SpotOn, ReTac and Polar. In addition to window, wall and floor graphic media, laminating films and mounting adhesives, focusing on areas including high-performance tapes, industrial adhesives and durable labels.
6. DuPont presented their newest innovations including a new clear DuPont Tedlar film for indoor and outdoor signage applications, and digital textile inks for roll-to-roll (RTR) applications including banners and signage made from DuPont Artistri inks. Continuing its commitment to innovation, the new film raises the bar for durability. Artistri Xite digital inks are easily printed onto surfaces including nylon, polyester and vinyl, making them the perfect choice for printing signs, banners and flags.
7. Summa announced new Soft Signage and Sportswear Cutting Solutions, acknowledging various benefits. Among the new launches was its Summa L1810 laser cutter, built to seamlessly meet the requirements for cutting textiles for sportswear. Special focus for Summa is sportswear, for which the sensitive and easily distorted textiles require a different way of processing. Summa textile printers are equipped with a working width of 3.2 m, ideal to print large rolls of textiles.
8. Roland announced new products— TrueVIS VG2 series eco-solvent wide-format printer/cutters, VersaSTUDIO BT-12 direct-to-garment printer, VersaUV LEF2-200 flatbed UV printer and DGSHAPE DE-3 rotary engraver. Incorporating a host of technological advancements, Roland’s TrueVIS VG2-540 and VG2-640 are uniquely engineered to usher in a new era of wide-format image quality, versatility, productivity and ease of use.
9. AXYZ launched a new Infinite Router, which is built on the success of the AXYZ Series. The new machine combines both modern design and engineering excellence, making it the most configurable CNC Router solution on the market today.
Infinite Router incorporates the reliability, robustness and cutting edge technology that has always been a major part of AXYZ products, suitable for one-off, small batch production as well as high volume and high productivity applications.
10. Mimaki released Tiger-1800B digital textile printing system, which is a purpose-engineered, high-production digital inkjet printer capable of direct-to-textile or transfer dye sublimation output. The printer is designed to deliver large-scale production at manufacturing sites and small-scale production at on-demand sites, making it an ideal printer for digital textile applications.Tiger-1800B brings operational efficiencies and reliability to large companies.
11. CALDERA launched its RIP software Version 12, which is configured for an enhanced user experience by bridging the gap between design and business. The suite includes Digital Licences and CalderaDock, new tools that allow quick access to what users need. On the functionality front, faster processing speeds and better colours enhance productivity, and there is an extended range of user applications.
12. Magnum Magnetics announced DigiMaxx EnGage printable magnetic-receptive media. The media is an easy to install, printable magnetic-receptive media that is durable and features excellent adhesion. It is engineered with an optimised surface for superior print quality and a neutral white point. It offers benefits including large-format printer compatibility and no edge chipping without sacrificing performance at an affordable price point.
13. Eskointroduced Kongsberg C Edge, a completely upgradable table design that avoids costly reinvestment for customers as business grows. The breakthrough innovation in the Kongsberg C multifunction, digital finishing series is designed specifically for signage and corrugated packaging converters. With high speed production capability up to 75m/min, at an acceleration of 1G, the Kongsberg C Edge enables converters to produce high quality results with fast turnaround.
14. Arlon introduced new wrap film: Fusion Wrap + FLITE Technology, specifying the right product could be the difference between bidding on or winning a job. This polymeric film is specifically designed for vehicle wraps, the thin and flexible film facilitates ease of use and efficiency. The lite initial contact adhesive system from FLITE Technology ensures repositionability, developing a quick anchor tack to speed up installations.
15. EFI released the newest-version Fiery proServer Premium with powerful GPU hardware acceleration, combined with the latest Fiery DFE software, delivers up to 2X faster performance on EFI super-wide-format printers. Plus, this software update supports more than 70 new third-party printers and delivers additional productivity, colour management, usability, and integration enhancements.
16. Vycom introduced Celtec Woodgrain sheet, a premium signboard material that adds texture for creating durable, wood looking signage applications. This material offers a more durable, lower maintenance solution than wood for signage and display applications requiring a wood-like surface.
The Celtec line of premium signboard solutions is designed for wide format display applications that demand the highest quality sign materials.
17. AP Lazer launched architecture laser systems that give businesses the range to cut and engrave products from jewelry to car doors. The machine line up includes SN1812, SN2816, SN4024, and SN4836 laser engravers featuring a patented open-architecture design unlike any other laser engraving machine on the market. The flexible design allows users to engrave virtually any object without size or weight restrictions and opens priceless new markets to business owners.
18. Duraluxe introduced Satin, a lightly texture, glossy finish, very gentle at touch and capable to render amazingly brilliant colours. With Satin, Deuraluxe Inc reaches 8 different finishes for its sublimation panels, from the classic Glossy and Matte (Semi-Gloss), to the gentle low gloss of Textured; from the uniquely soft IceTouch capable of rendered increadibly deep blacks, to the glittery effect of Wallsky.
19. Trotec unveiled an even faster and more powerful Speedy 400 laser engraving and cutting system. The new Speedy 400 is one of the fastest and most productive mid-size laser engravers in the industry. The new model also features a revolutionary new motion planning system called OptiMotion, which calculates the cutting speed and acceleration based on the geometry in real time. This is standard for larger cutting systems, but also a true innovation for medium-sized engraving.
20. SDS unpacked new channel letter benders—Channel Benderm. The automated series are fastest and reliable in their class. Tests show they can bend returns 15 percent to 30 percent faster and cut hand finishing by as much as 40 percent compared to their competitor’s machines. Super ChannelBender XP, the most advanced model, can punch holes as well as bend, flange, and broach return material.
3A Composites showcased an array of trusted brands to the graphic display market ranging from paper-faced foam boards to expanded plastic boards, aluminum composites and polystyrene foam boards with wood-fiber veneers. Demonstrated by Tekra were their flagship films and adhesives. The films included latex inkjet printable polyester, polycarbonate and window films in clear and translucent, as well as their JetView Blockout Display film, printable with UV or Latex inkjet formats. Gandy Digital exhibited Gladi8tor flatbed, which features ‘NanoDot Technology’ with 3 picoliter drop size to print unbelievable smooth colour and sharpness at 72 seconds for a 4x 8ft board that works out to 50 boards an hour. On other side, swissQprint presented their Gen 3 large-format printers featuring novel options. In addition, inspiring application samples were on display at their booth. The Swiss manufacturer demonstrated impressive printing solutions by means of their flagship printer Nyala 3 – one of the five swissQprint Gen 3 machines. Vista System showcased spectacular signage system – Vista Snap and more. The company also demonstrated new sign schedule service – Vspec and also provided a sneak peak to an ‘out-of-the-box’ cubicle signage solutions.